Saturday, May 8, 2010

WSC When Saturday Comes

"Violate all my love that I'm missing throw away all the pain that I'm living you will believe in me and I can never be ignored.
I would die for you,I would kill for you,I will steal for you,I'd do time for you.
I would wait for you,I'd make room for you,I'd sail ships for you to be close to you to be a part of you
'Cause I believe in you,I would die for you"
#1 Crush- Garbage

If it's Saturday then it's a lyrical ode to Karen Gillan aka Amy Pond in Doctor Who....and NO I did not bail on the meet at Ichan this evening cos it clashed w/ Doctor Who it came down to economics,$25 to enter,$20 to take the bus up and back and $4 in subway fare for Ichan verses $10 to run at Swarthmore and $10 in train fare.....you don't have to be a math wiz to work that one out....
Out on the road b4 11am this morning to tackle my 12 miler to round out the week at 45 miles,tempted as I was to wait till 12pm and the outcome of the Leeds Bristol Rovers game I hit the road after the first half and figured on the time honoured "ignorance is bliss" mindset.

I returned home to discover Leeds had won{boo!!} and that so had Millwall and Charlton but the Leeds win meant they got the final automatic promotion spot and both South East London clubs must go through the playoffs to get promoted,potentially they could meet at Wembley in the play off final should they dispatch Huddersfield and Swindon.

The 12 miler was nothing out of the ordinary I paced myself accordingly to not only keep myself fresh for the extra 2 miles at the end but begin prepping for Monday's 5,000m race.
Tomorrow is not only a rest day but potentially a "Fuck Off Day"I don't have to be anywhere so I figure a day at home w/ ye olde feet up and a chance to relax b4 Monday's race,not to mention recover from the week I've just had would be...............drum roll please"just what the Doctor{Who}ordered.............

No comments: