Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Madagasca*

*Grounded Possums,drowned rats,leaping Lions,sad Robins,no Tigers,one Weasel

I didn't get to Ichan Stadium this evening{grounded possum}as my ride feared we'd end up getting soaked{drowned rats} w/ all the rain,he may've had a point but for me personally I'd have been willing to take that chance,sadly his email to me didn't reach me in time to allow me to make my own way up to Randall's Island,yeah I'm disappointed not to race,but these things happen.
The slightly frustrating aspect of not going up there tonite isn't one less race,or one less crack at lowering my 3,000m pr it's missing out on meeting Lara aka nyflygirl.
We've been posting comments on each others blogs since late August and the fact we were both scheduled to run at Ichan tonite the mile and 3,000m respectively would've afforded us a chance to say hi and cheer each other on,the rain and my loss of a ride had other ideas.

Millwall reached the League One playoff finals{leaping Lions}thanks to a 2.0 win over Huddersfield,sadly Charlton lost the other semi final on penalties last nite{sad Robins} so no all South East London League One Playoff final next Saturday.

Back to my friend Lara,I posted a comment on her blog this morning re her mile time trial this evening where she was less than positive about her prospects,what followed was some friendly back and forth banter as I'd used the expression "Easy Tiger" to try to get her be more positive about her chances.
Ever since Mr Woods....indiscretions shall we say that expression has taken a new direction,I use it as a term of endearment w/ friends and co workers or a reminder to myself{yesterdays blog}to stay in control,anyway after much back and forth I told nyflygirl there'd be no more "Tiger" references in my comments on her blog{no Tiger}

Which brings up to the Weasel which if you bare w/ me....he said bear!!!!!there were no bears in this story{see what happens when I cut back my mileage and don't run!!!}will bring things full circle.....or would that be....the circle of life.....oh just get on w/ it!!!

Remember my post Penn Relays jibe at Joel Dubow on April 24th?well Mr Dubow saw fit to have his say on the whole matter on Masterstrack Blog http://masterstrack.com yesterday.
While he's entitled to have his say as we all are he chose to end his 3,000 word diatribe w/ the following comments about yours truly:
Being called an "arse" by Kevin Forde is like being called ugly by a Possum;
I may owe an apology for having said that-to the Possum
Have any of you that have seen Kevin Forde ever noticed that he actually looks like a Possum?How about all of us honouring Kevin in the future by giving him the nickname Possum?
So now you know where the possum picture in my previous entry and possum references have been coming from since Monday evening.
As for the Stereophonics lyrics to"Half Of The Lies You Tell Ain't True''well Mr Dubow{weasel}has a knack for twisting the truth,but rather than get drawn into a public war of words w/ him on the matter I'm limiting my comments.....for now....this isn't over,what I will say is of the 17 comments on yesterday article most of them are anti Joel Dubow,I don't need to slam him when others are doing it for me....I must thank whoever posted the link to the cute Possum and to my team mates Nick and Bob for going to bat not just for me but for the club.

Alright,dear God let things go back to normal tomorrow, a 10 mile run and no talk of wild animals.

2 comments:

nyflygirl said...

catching up on reading and saw this :) it would have been cool to finally put a face to the name!! i doubt i'm attending any more Icahn meets this summer, but I most likely will be watching the 5th Ave mile later this year...you gonna be big pimpin' up in NYC for that?

kevin f forde said...

Oh you know I'm planning a "Big Pimpin' Up In NYC" for 5th Avenue Mile in September.
2 more Ichan trips next month....gotta work"Run This Town" lyrics in somewhere this summer!!