Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Made It Through The Rain

Yes,it's a Barry Manilow song.........NO I'm not quoting lyrics................
First and formost I should report I actually had a stress free day at work for once.....I know I thought I'd shown up at the wrong hospital!!!!
Big ups and props to Dave and Chuck at Greater Philly Track Club for my write up on my new pr/club record in Monday's 5,000m and updating the records page,I wasn't joking when I told those guys I planned to keep them busy this year!!!,and I'm not done yet.

Where as yesterday I managed to dodge the rain I wasn't so lucky today,by the look of the sky I knew to grab a jacket and baseball cap b4 I left and w/in the opening mile the first drops of rain began to fall.....once a Boy Scout always a Boy Scout,the boy Scout motto is "Be Prepared".
Frankly the rain was never an issue,I've ran further in worse believe me,one plus of grey skies is the out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway is less populated.

As I often do w/ just over 2 and a half miles to go I picked up the pace and finished the run in 64 minutes,it's always enjoyable to finish a 10 miler w/ some juice.
Half way through the week now,two more 10 milers and a set of 4x1 mile repeats to round out another 50 mile week

No comments: