Sunday, May 30, 2010

You Can Take The Boy Out Of South East London...

....But you can't take South East London out of the boy!!!
As most of you know,I bleed blue for my beloved Spurs but never one to forget my roots from South East London I keep a keen eye on the fortunes of the three teams from S.E. 7 Charlton,S.E.16 Millwall and S.E. 23 Crystal Palace.
Millwall hold a special place in my black pagan celtic heart,much maligned,feared and revered how can you not love a side who's chant"No One Likes Us,We Don't Care"has become the stuff of legends.
It's not fashionable to support a side like Millwall,but it's easy sometimes too easy to dismiss them so on a day like yesterday when they enjoyed headlines for all the right reasons by winning the League One Playoff Final at Wembley I tip my bandanna to them and their fans,the Bushwackers,The F Troop and the loyal hard corp who week in week out show up at The New Den to support the side.
I can only imagine the conga lines up and down the Old Kent Road last nite as a good old fashion cockney knees up ensued,while I realize most of this goes over the heads of most of my American readership I'm not "dumbing it down"I am who I am,the scrawny kid from Lewisham,born in Dulwich now living the American dream here in Philly and even though I followed my fathers lead and chose Spurs as my team,I identify w/ the Millwall ethos.

Like Millwall I make no apologies for my"heart and fists through the door first" approach to life,don't like it....tough,"We Fear No Foe"it ain't just a fuckin tshirt,it's a way of life,be it on the track,in life,on the street, at work it's a credo to live by,"No One Likes Us We Don't Care" or as I call it the Millwall Mentality, people don't care for my outspoken views on work,running, life etc,that's fine,the world would be pretty darn boring if we all liked the same thing,thought the same way what have you,I have no problem saying what's on my mind,I don't expect everyone to feel the same way,I realize it makes me as popular as a fart in a sleeping bag and a lightning rod for controversy at times but this is one Lion{Possum}who's too long in the tooth to change now.

No doubt next season the name of Millwall will get dragged through the mud,in the same respect as I'll be a hero and villain for my performances on and off the track,Millwall and me"Loved by many,hated by most" a match made in hell if ever there was....."No one likes us,we don't care"
Nuff Said.

No comments: