Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Little Too Close For Comfort

Another "insanity free"Wednesday at work....I know,trust me I'm not knocking it!!
My new Under Armour Spectre running shoes arrived today and were christened this evening as I got back to basics w/ a 10 mile run.
Between Saturday's mile repeats,Sunday's rest day,Monday's easy 6 miler and last nite's 3,000m race getting washed out it felt good to be back to my distance du jour.
I was mildly surprised by my 64 minute time,I had deliberately taken it easy and was expecting a 65 minute time.

That time honoured joke about"keep death off the roads....drive on the sidewalk'' got a little too close to home this evening,w/ roughly a mile to go a car jumped the curb and ploughed into a tree along the sidewalk some five feet from me,thankfully nobody got injured,the drivers air bags deployed but the front of the car is a wreck and the tree isn't looking too clever it must be said,the noise it made crunching into the tree will live w/ me for a while,I count myself lucky that I was facing the oncoming traffic and able to see it coming.
A little less drama tomorrow would be nice.

No comments: