Friday, May 7, 2010

It's Always Something

How fitting the week should end on this note.
A less than stellar week at work ended w/ one of those"747 Days".....a "747 Day"is when my feet don't touch the ground for the first couple of hours and I feel like a pilot,it's pretty bad when I get up to begin work at 6.55am and don't sit down again till 8.55am and haven't actually gotten to any of my work yet!!!

When I arrived at Franklin Field at 5pm for my 4x1 mile repeats I wasn't aware Franklin Field was closing at 6pm.....the last time I worked out there they were open till 7pm,not an unreasonable expectation in May....but this is Franklin Field afterall!!!
Frankly had I known they were closing at 6pm I'd have either gotten there earlier than 5pm or cut my stretches down to allow time to get all 4 1 milers in.

#1 mile,1.22,1.26,1.25,1.20-5.33.2.A slow start,I was guilty of being flat footed and not up on my toes from the get go perhaps in 10 miler mode and not miler mode.
#2 mile,1.20,1.22,1.19,1.15-5.16.7.Signs of my mile repeat mode coming back,up on my toes and getting quicker each lap.
#3 mile,1.21,1.22,1.21,1.11-5.15.4.I was excited about the prospect of giving it everything I had over the final mile only to be informed the track was closing....only at bloody Franklin Field,closing at 6pm.

The prospect of having to run 12 miles instead of 10 tomorrow is either here nor there,the galling issue is that w/ only a limited number of repeats on tap b4 Nationals I can ill afford to run any of them badly,much less not be able to complete them.
Franklin Field is off limits for two weeks now to facilitate Penn graduation,after that it should be fair game for the summer,but w/ Franklin Field who knows

No comments: