Friday, May 28, 2010

Evolution Not Revolution

I took full advantage of my day off from work today to knock out my 5th 10 miler of the week at 11.25am.
I was pleasantly surprised to clock 62 minutes,it didn't feel that fast but I guess that's the luxury of being able to run that early w/out the burden of a 9 hour work day prior,I call it a luxury because clearly it's not something I get to do day in,day out.
About a mile and a half after the turn around I thought about the bad old days when more often than not I'd bonk on an early run,didn't matter what distance but these days it seems the spirit and the flesh are singing from the same hymn sheet...amen to that.

So tomorrow I get my second crack at 5x1,000m off the back of 5x10 miles,my previous attempt on April 10th resulted in :3.11.8-3.16.6-3.14.6-3.27.8-3.13.0.
It'll be interesting to see how much stronger I've gotten over the last seven weeks,not to mention I had the added burden of having to run a 10 miler the previous Sunday making it 6x10 miles b4 my 5x1,000m.

While most folks are planning trips to the mountains or the shore,proms or graduations,cook outs or races my weekend is built around my workouts,tomorrow and again Monday,w/ a race on Friday I don't have the luxury of making it a Sun/Tue rotation so tomorrow I have to sacrifice not only the League One Playoff Final between Millwall and Swindon at 10am but also going to the USA Turkey game at Lincoln Financial at 2pm,call it priorities but the workout comes first,I can cop the USA Turkey game when I get home and providing I don't check the score of the Millwall Swindon game I can catch the rerun at 6pm and treat it like a "live" game b4 then watching a rerun of the first six episodes of the new season of "Doctor Who",it might not sound like much to the masses but for me it's a good weekend.

No comments: