Friday, May 21, 2010

Tomorrow

"Why are you phoning?what am I to do when you're miles away?
You're always calling from the darkest moods and we're both scared
Now you're grip's too strong,can't catch love w/ a net or a gun
Gotta keep faith that your path will change,gotta keep faith that your love will change
Tomorrow,I'm just out of your range,tomorrow all your suffering's in vain"
Tomorrow-James
Another comfortable 10 miler out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway this evening in 64 minutes,w/ one eye on tomorrow's 5x1,000m repeats.
In case anyone thought I'd gotten soft this week or gun shy after getting a comeuppance in Masterstrack.com.....here's my Work WTF moment.

I preface this by saying,if you're going to talk shit,at least know what you're talking about.
"Sheriff Fatman"{Sheriff Fatman was a slumlord back in South London made famous by Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine}began banging on to no one in particular how he was going to Amsterdam next year.....
Like I said no one was really listening to him and why he felt the need to regale us w/ his travel plans was frankly beyond me.
After a good five minutes of blowing hot air he then says and I quote"I don't even know where Amsterdam is....but I'm going"....................
The old adage of"better for people to think you're an ignorant buffoon,than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" rings true don't you think?

No comments: