Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lean,Mean,Green,Running Machine

I was able to overcome any urge to run the Broad St Run along w/ 30,000 runners this morning,this won't stop the same feckin' people asking me tomorrow if I ran that asked me last year...the year b4...and the year b4 that,seems my"I'm done w/ road racing" quote after the 06 Philly Distance Run fell on deaf ears,maybe I need to air brush a "Don't Feckin' Ask Me" t shirt and wear it the day after Broad St,PDR and Philly Marathon,cos the same feckin gobshites keep asking me"did you run?""how did you do?""oh you didn't run"??
Of course that kind of gobshitery isn't limited to road running,somebody came up to me early last week and said"somebody said you didn't run Penn Relays this year"???,when I confirmed that to be true because"I wasn't fast enough"{for either the Masters 4x400m team or Olympic Development 5,000m} I was greeted w/ a blank stare as if I'd said I'd quit running.....what's that old expression"the more people I meet the more I love my cat"....Hobbes couldn't give a shit if I run Broad St or Penn Relays...just as long as he gets Tuna every other day!!!

Some things I couldn't squeeze into yesterdays blog,since yesterday was the first of the month I stepped onto the bathroom scale,138 lbs, a far cry from the 146lbs I was carrying around on Jan 1st,recently someone who hadn't seen me in a few weeks commented I looked like I'd lost weight,the extra miles that I'm running plus healthier eating regime and the warmer weather all help w/ that.

For those of you who dabble in the stock market,now might be a time to dump some shares in Pizza Hut,Poppa John's,Domino's,Digornos,Taco Bell,Cassa Mama,Bryers,Turkey Hill,Ben & Jerry's...yep I'm off Pizza,Mexican and Ice Cream again till post Nationals and even then it'll only be a mild reprieve b4 cracking on for 5th Avenue Mile and Masters Road 5k C'ships.
No it's never been scientifically proven that giving them up actually effects my ability to run well but over the last 8 years even back when I would tackle two marathons and several key road races per season I would purge on those and have to say my results were good so.... if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Finally a big shout out to the section of la famalia and all Crystal Palace fans world wide who no doubt danced a jig that'd make Riverdance look tame when Palace avoided falling out of the second tier of English soccer on the final day of the season.
It was touch and go for a while,having fallen foul of the administrators they were docked 10 points as is the punishment for such an infraction in English soccer,it took them from the edge of promotion to the edge of relegation but I'm proud to say on the final day of the season,needing only a point against Sheffield Wednesday the club one place below them they drew 2.2 so it's another season in The Championship and maybe just maybe one or both their fellow South East London neighbours Millwall and Charlton could join them coming up from League One,I'll keep you posted.

No comments: